We’ve compiled a list of religious and spiritual resources below that you may find helpful as you navigate your pregnancy options, decisions, or experiences. For additional resources on pregnancy, parenting, abortion, and adoption, please visit the All-Options website.
Talkline & Textlines
- Faith Aloud 1-888-717-5010. Call to speak to a faith leader or clergy person about your pregnancy options or experience with abortion.
- All-Options Talkline 1-888-493-0092. Call to talk to volunteer peer counselors about anything related to pregnancy, parenting, abortion, or adoption.
- Exhale After-Abortion Textline 1-617-749-2948. Text to find non-judgmental support after an abortion.
Interfaith Religious & Spiritual Resources
- Abortions Welcome
- Workbook: Emotional & Spiritual Resolution After an Abortion
- Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice
- Religious Institute
- Interfaith Voices for Reproductive Justice
- SACReD – Spiritual Alliance of Communities for Reproductive Dignity
- RCRC’s Religion & Repro Learning Center
- National Council of Jewish Women
- NCJW’s Jews for Abortion Access
- Central Conference of American Rabbis
- A Rabbi’s Blessing
Unitarian Universalist Resources
Stories & Reflections on Faith, Abortion, and Reproductive Justice
- Op-Ed: I’m a Pro-Choice Woman of Faith
- We Talked to People of Faith About Being Both Religious and Pro-Choice
- Pro-Choice and Christian: How I Unlearned What My Church Taught Me
- My Christian Faith Demands Reproductive Justice
- Bridging the Gap Between Faith and Reproductive Justice: An Interview with Darcy Baxter
- Q&A with a Pro-Choice Minister
- I Hope the Christian Church Makes Room For Abortion Stories Like Mine
For the latest articles and news about religion and reproductive justice issues, follow Faith Aloud on Facebook and Twitter.
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline call or text 988 or chat online if you’re thinking about suicide, are worried about a friend or loved one, or would like emotional support, the Lifeline network is available 24/7 across the United States.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline call 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224, text 88788, or chat online for help and resources.
- RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network) call 1-800-656-HOPE (4673) or chat online for help through the National Sexual Assault Hotline.
- LGBT National Hotline (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) call 1-888-843-4564 to talk with or email LGBTQ peer counselors.
- The Trevor Project call 1-866-488–7386, text 678-678, or chat online with counselors that understand the challenges LBGTQ young people face.
- National Maternal Mental Health Hotline call or text 1-833-943-5746 or TTY dial 711 then 1-833-943-5746 for support before, during, and after pregnancy from professional counselors.